Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bad news, then Good news

So, the bad news first... 
I got a letter last week stating that the IL state police rejected my fingerprints...the audacity!!  

Outside of being a major inconvenience, this could potentially slow down my process.  I needed the criminal clearance from my prints as part of my DCFS* clearance for my home study.   I have already been re-printed, so hopefully I'm well on my way of being cleared.  Nobody will give me an estimate of how much this will slow things down, but I'm trying to remain optimistic.

On the good side...  
Not counting the (totally different) police clearance which I will get on Tuesday and one outstanding reference letter (eh hem-- you know who you are!)  I am COMPLETELY done with all of my international dossier documents.  When my home study is finished, I will take everything downtown for certification and then all will be shipped to Colorado to be reviewed by my agency.  

One MORE thing on the good side...
My home study agency as a rule does not do the home visit (when the social worker comes to inspect my apartment) until after the DCFS clearance goes through.  After a couple of my ever-so-subtle hints, my social worker has agreed to do my home visit before this happens (scheduled 7/30/09) so that when my clearance comes through, we just have to hit print and be done with this!

So, I guess today the good is outweighing the bad.  I have been told by everyone going through this process that 

things WILL go wrong.  

It's expected.  

I don't like it.  

I like control.    : )


P.S.  Is anybody else sick of hearing these two phrases:  "toxicology report"  and "economic climate" ??    Give us some good news and leave the poor man to rest in peace!  


*Department of Children and Family Services

4 comments:

  1. Stupid fingerprints;-) I seriously hate the little things that go wrong during this process!! Hopefully this time will be a charm. I am also only waiting on my Homestudy to be done!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinks about the fingerprints! Hopefully they will come in soon. Way to go on getting the dossier complete! That is major!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always thought that fingerprints were overrated anyway...

    About that friend. What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. please update your blog to reflect that you once bad friend has now redeemed herself by giving you her letter of reference!

    ReplyDelete