Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sad news and RAD news


The sad news...

I have this piece of pottery.  It's from Ethiopia.  It's the SECOND piece of the same pottery because I broke the first one.   That's right... I've carried the SAME piece of pottery not once, but TWICE back from Ethiopia.   The first one chipped on the ride home.  When I found out that I would return to Ethiopia this Spring, I was ecstatic because I knew I could replace this beautiful piece of art.  So, again, I carried this breakable bowl wrapped up like a little baby in my carry-on bag.  It's one of my favorite things....

Last night, in my sleepy-eyed clumsiness, I knocked it off the coffee table and into lots of pieces.   So sad....

The rad news... 

Today I officially joined the WAITLIST!!!  So, the next time I go to Ethiopia, I will return with TWO pieces of precious cargo. 

I joined today at #5 for a baby boy and #12 for a baby girl.   (I have a hunch it will be a boy, don't you?!)

I feel so official now!

7 comments:

  1. That stinks about the bowl! But number 5 is AMAZING!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!! YAY for the wait list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! So cool that you are determined to come back with the pottery again!! Shows spunk! Congrats AGAIN. You know that I am one of your biggest cheerleaders!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and have fun at your fingerprinting appointment next week!! yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that I congratulated you already in our Yahoo group, but getting onto the wait list is worth another. Very smart going onto both lists; sometimes I cannot decide whether I really want to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUCH good news about the waitlist!!!! (bad news about the bowl though) Can't wait until you are able to get another bowl. ;)

    ReplyDelete