Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Welcome, Fall.

It was a great summer, but I am ready to welcome my favorite of all of the seasons. So far, enjoying lots of fall-ish things-- a beautiful hike, admiring changing leaves, eating apple and pumpkin everything, a fall wedding, and of course the Fall Festival in my hometown.It's been a while since I have been back, but the Fall Festival is pretty much THE event of the fall in E-town. The longest running street fair (only second to Mardi Gras), one can eat fried twinkies, brain sandwiches, frog legs, walking tacos, something called pig lickers (what?!)... just name a gross food, and you will find it at the 88th Annual West Side Nut Club Fall Festival. Yep, this age-old tradition is put on by a "nut club".

As a child, I was forced to participate in the "pet parades" and you can tell how much I enjoyed this from the look on my face. Yes, that's me... Smurfette.    
This year, though I was able to answer the important question: Corndog or pronto pup? Most definitely, the pronto pups have my heart.   Who? Vegetarian? What?  Where?! 

Just in case this "fine dining" is not your bag, you can always participate in Amateur Night or Mullet Hunt. Prizes are awarded for the best mullet caught on camera. (I hear there are extra points for wife-beater T's and home-made tattoos!) I even won a prize at a VERY PETA-friendly game where Oscar the Mouse is let loose on a spinning table and crawls into a hole.  Ahhh... it was good to be home.

In adopto-news, I am moving right along...  now #4 on the boy list and #11 on the girl list.  The courts are due to open this week, so hopefully we will get some good news soon for some of my buddies waiting for court dates.

Happy Fall!





3 comments:

  1. ummmm what is a pronto pup? is it really meat? did you really eat it? the picture of you and your mom is SUPER cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the smurfette costume! The fine dining sounds interesting! Congrats on moving up on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brain sandwiches?? yuck!
    Congrats with moving along on the list :)

    ReplyDelete