Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

It's a boy

It is with great joy that I am finally able to announce that I have officially accepted the referral of a sweet and itty-bitty baby boy.

I heard of the little guy on 12/22/09 and saw his beautiful face for the very first time. I was just waiting on confirmation which I got over the weekend. He is now ten weeks old and from what I hear from my peeps in Ethiopia right now, between his big brown eyes and sweet smile, he is quite the heartbreaker.

Today, I signed my name to officially become his momma.

I still get a little choked up thinking about it.

I am someone's momma.


22 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Thrilled for your news - being a mom is the best thing ever, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been waiting for this!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not wait to find out how that feels! Blessings!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so hoping that this would be the post announcing that you were a mommy! Congrats! I can't wait to see his precious face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations!!!! I am single and adopting as well! that is soooo exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goosebumps!!! So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOOHOOO!!! Congrats! Boys are AWESOME~they ADORE their mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last line totally put a lump in my throat. Baby boys are so fabulous! I can't wait until you get yours!! Perhaps we'll be meeting guys together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have already learned one important lesson in motherhood...having patience ;) I have admired you these past 5 weeks for how patient you have been.

    I am so so happy for you and your sweet boy. Congratulations--

    hugs--
    annie and maya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, congrats, congrats! Such exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATS!!!! Thrilled for you and YOUR SON!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a MOMMY!!!!:-) I am so happy for you Sara...so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found your blog from your comment on Isa B's blog. CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, MOMMY!!!
    And, of course, that makes us GRANDPARENTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how wonderful. Congratulations Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations!!!!!!! It's such an exciting day! I am so excited fro everyone walking this road so they can experience this amazing thing called adoption. Hang in there - the next 6 months are a wonderfully wild ride!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just found your blog....so happy that I did! WE are begining our 3rd adoption and are so excited!
    Congratulations on your baby boy, I have 3 boys and let me tell you....boys ROCK!!!!
    Enjoy the process! Soon he will be home with you. How exciting.
    God Bless.
    Vashti

    ReplyDelete