Every morning, I bring Abel in to bed with me to have his bottle. It gives us some cuddle time and he is able to bounce around on the bed and practice standing up without consequence of goose eggs.
This morning, he finished his bottle, rolled over, looked right at me and said, "Da-Da-Da -Daddy-Dada-Dad."
OMG! Thanks for starting my day off on the right foot. I love that show much! Beko has yet to say "Mama" or anything close to it. The other day I said, "Beko, can you say, Mama?" He looked me straight in the face and said, "Daddy!" clear as day... Hang in there... the "M" word will come soon.
Yeah, the fact that "Dada" comes before "Mama" is one of the cruel ironies of parenting, isn't it? That was one of the first items I added to my running list of resentments that I started when my water broke.
*snort* I thought I would never hear Momma from either boy. But just wait until all you hear is, "Momma. Momma. Momma. MOMMA!!!" There will be days you want to stick a fork in your eye.
it is super sweet the first time they say it. But when Bekeshi has a bad day and follows me round whining Mama, Mama, Mama, Mama... I think to myself "is it really so cute?!!" :) :) :)
Ha, I love modern family! GLad to know there is another fan out there!
ReplyDeleteOMG! Thanks for starting my day off on the right foot. I love that show much! Beko has yet to say "Mama" or anything close to it. The other day I said, "Beko, can you say, Mama?" He looked me straight in the face and said, "Daddy!" clear as day... Hang in there... the "M" word will come soon.
ReplyDeleteYeah, the fact that "Dada" comes before "Mama" is one of the cruel ironies of parenting, isn't it? That was one of the first items I added to my running list of resentments that I started when my water broke.
ReplyDeleteAnd I've never seen that show -- OMG that's funny! I'm now putting that on my DVR record list.
ReplyDelete*snort* I thought I would never hear Momma from either boy. But just wait until all you hear is, "Momma. Momma. Momma. MOMMA!!!" There will be days you want to stick a fork in your eye.
ReplyDeleteThanks for this Sara!!!!!!!! That is hilarious!
ReplyDeleteit is super sweet the first time they say it. But when Bekeshi has a bad day and follows me round whining Mama, Mama, Mama, Mama... I think to myself "is it really so cute?!!" :) :) :)
ReplyDelete