Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

The day I cried at Burger King

Yep. I did. I cried over my ketchup.

My mom was holding Abel across the table from me at a pit stop and I saw two teeth in his big gummy smile. And I cried.

Then I cried again today. Three times.

We are nearing the time for me to go back to work and for Abel to officially start day care.

I just can't bear it.

I missed out on so much already and it kills me to miss out on more.

There isn't a choice. I mean, we DO have to eat, so that means someone has to earn some money. And as cute as he looks in a sport coat, I don't think anyone will hire Abel just yet.


13 comments:

  1. Oh I could just read between all of these lines at how truly your heart is breaking to go back to work. I hope you make it through your first few weeks as I imagine they will be the hardest. I am so sorry that you are sad. But so stinking happy to see that big man posing on that chair!! What a handsome little dude! I just love him and haven't even met him haha!! Hope these last days before work are REALLY long and lasting and full of much love and giggles. No tears =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your mommy's heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh,my heart goes out to you. i remember how it was during the end of my maternity leave for maya....it is not easy, but it really does get better once you adjust to being back to work.

    ADORABLE photo! but then again how can a photo be anything less with such an adorable model?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard to leave! It broke my heart to leave Ben. But Abel will adjust and so will mommy! Hang in there! The picture is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for teeth:-) That picture is so freaking cute, I am beside myself!! You are going to do just fine and so will he..I promise you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture is ridiculously cute!!!

    I had to put all 3 of mine in daycare when they were tiny. It is a horrible feeling to drop them off and leave, but it does get better. It makes the moments that you are with him so much sweeter and you cherish those moments that much more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry but Abel you are too stinkin cute. Seriously, a sport coat and am arm chair in one photo. Amazing! Is it really time to go back to work already? Is time not flying? I was heart broken when I had to leave adi last summer to start school, but it really did get easier. Especially if you know he's in a good place. good luck with the transition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you kidding me, I would hire him in a heartbeat. I just couldn't pay anything near what you'd need to survive, so I suspect you're still going back to work. I'm so sorry. It's heart-wrenching, but somehow you get used to it (sort of).

    He's looking too adorable for words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness...... I needed to see this adorableness today!!

    I remember going back to work after being home with Vivi for 2 months. And I only work 3 nights a week. I cried and cried. It does eventually get easier on the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I just say once again that he is the cutest baby on earth?

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL i love this photo!! he looks so darn COOL (and adorable, of course, but then doesn't he always?!). Bekeshi started day care this week (just mornings) and it IS hard, but I've found it has also given me joy to see her playing with other kids, doing finger painting, enjoying "water day" etc. And our time together is even more precious as a result :) I hope the same for you and Abel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm dying of laughter and adoration!

    ReplyDelete