Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Sick Day

Okay, so in addition to Abel having a nasty runny nose (which I now believe was more associated with more (MORE!) teeth coming in than a virus), I had a pretty yucky stomach bug one day this week. (Details will be spared.)

I woke up about an hour before Abel sicker than I’ve been in a long time and I had, for the first time, this thought: “Holy crap. It’s just me and him. What was I thinking doing this on my own? What am I going to do with this kid while I am puking?”

It wasn’t a fun time, but we pulled it together and we got through the day--mostly thanks to a couple hours at day care which happens to be one block away from my apartment (holla!) and Abel’s intense love of his baby signing video which he watched on repeat play for an embarrassing amount of time.

Not saying we looked good (wow, did we not look good), but we survived...and I felt a little proud of getting through our first real sick day together.

9 comments:

  1. oh, no...so sorry you were not feeling well, but so glad that you got through it. these are the situations when you do what you gotta do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I can totally relate to this post! I'm glad that you both survived it ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you both survived. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. RRRGGGHHH! Those days are the worst! They make you want to curl into a ball and cry for your mommy! Glad you got the first one over with...and discovered he will, in fact, watch a video on repeat. Priceless when you are so sick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you both survived it...so not fun when the mom is sick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have actually wondered what would happen when I get sick! Glad to know that you are both okay and that Abel did not get a tummy bug too!!!!
    I have talked to friends about it and they always tell me "You will find a way. You have to keep going and your body finds a way!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are the looongest days, ever! I'm here, though. You can always call and we'll come get that little bundle of cheeks for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When Abel does have his many childhood sick days... he is lucky to have such a loving, nurturing mom... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am DREADING this moment...!! So glad you made it through :) I think I might need to stock up on a couple of baby videos "just in case"!!

    ReplyDelete