Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

One month

Tuesday marks one month at (unofficial) number one.  Deep sigh...

When I started my official wait, things were moving at a certain pace, and I felt like there was always something happening.  I am still moving through this process waaaayyy faster than I thought possible, but after sitting in the same damn spot for 30 days-- I'm sad.

Not depressed-sad, more like anxious-sad.  I just can't wait to see his face, and really thought that would happen before Thanksgiving.  

That said, I do believe that timing is always perfect in these things....well, all things for that matter.  And I do actually have a lot of peace about this right now.  

So, for the time being I remain peaceful, with a healthy side of anxious and a twist of impatience.


7 comments:

  1. I am right there with you sister and I have only been waiting 2 and a half weeks. Things were moving right along and then just stopped! Yuck! Hoping to hear about referrals here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uggh. Crossing fingers and toes and other appendages for a referral this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about feeling "anxious sad"... It's a new feeling for me that came with this whole adoption thing. Hang in there! When you get "the call" it's the BEST feeling ever! My fingers are crossed you get to experience that VERY soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry, Sara...it can still happen before thanksgiving. You will know when it happens that yes, the timing IS perfect, but it's so hard waiting.

    I know that anxious feeling...I have been the only one waiting for a 4 year old for almost 7 weeks....and even though I am not at the stage of feeling as if I have been waiting TOO LONG, I am certainly surprised that the call hasn't come yet.

    I can't wait to CELEBRATE with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Izosh! Be strong girl! Soon and very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it will be soon (as if that's going to get you through the day). I'm hoping for a big week next week for you, with a court date for J and an approval the week after for R.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there! It's tough. Hopefully 'the call' will come very soon!

    ReplyDelete