Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

A song saves the day.

I told someone today that I have started to have a love/hate relationship with Fridays.  

In regular life, Fridays start the weekend and weekends are full of fun.

In adopto-life, Fridays mean 2 whole days of nothing.  No news, no updates...nothing.   Fridays can be sad in our world.

I was leaving work tonight and decided to take the work shuttle to my car (which I never do, but it was cold and I was feeling lazy).  I was the only one on the bus and the driver was feeling very weekend-y and had his smooth jazz station turned up for both of us to enjoy. 

I was feeling sad because it's Friday and another week went by without seeing the face of Little B.

Then I heard a special tune that I have to believe was just for me... "Sara smile."

And, I did. 
A big ridiculous smile.  
On Friday.
 

6 comments:

  1. That's cute!
    I'm feeling the opposite this weekend as we count the days until court; the weekend days are busy and fun and thus pass quickly! I will hope that they pass quickly for you also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. During the wait for Mamush, songs were super helpful. I'll soon be joining the "boo on wkends" club and turning to the tunes!

    It. will. happen. It will and that day will be beautiful beyond your wildest dreams.

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great little story and I am glad that Sara smiled!

    Hope you are enjoying your weekend...is the weather gorgeous there, too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love it when our Sara smiles.
    I know Little B will melt our hearts with his smile, too.
    Can't wait!
    Gma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! I love to see Sara smile! You light up a room girl.
    For us, the hardest weekends were while waiting for our Home Study and DCFS approval...it took over 7 weeks. Agony. So I understand, I truly do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww....that's the sweetest thing. What a great story. You will be smiling BIG very, very soon....a great big goofy smile that no one will be able to wipe away for a very long time. :)

    ReplyDelete