Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

A break.

I have given myself permission to take a break.  A break from the obsessing, blog-stalking...

And it feels great.

I realized that yesterday marked twelve weeks of waiting, six of those weeks at (unofficial) number one.  All of you waiting know that first, that's not that long to wait ( I know- I'm not complaining!) and second, that no amount of obsessing, blog-stalking, calculating, etc... is going to make this happen one day sooner than it's supposed to.  

And, I wouldn't want it to.  

Sometimes we have to give ourselves a break and give ourselves permission to let go of things for a while.  The fake sense of control I get while obsessing over this is not helping.  In fact, I think it's hurting.  

This time of year has the MOST distractions and they are GOOD distractions... holiday parties with friends, seeing family, planning gifts and trips.  So many things to be grateful for and be excited about.  I don't want to enjoy these things less because I am stressed over something that will happen, just not right now, or at least not on the perfect timeline I have in my head.

It doesn't mean that I don't think about it everyday, and secretly hope for the call I know is not coming for a while.   Just giving myself permission to not let it run my life. 

And it feels great.

5 comments:

  1. Good thinking! Really! I read someplace (ummm on another blog) that the biggest regret that one person had while waiting was all of the time spent/wasted worrying and stalking blogs and timelines. While I don't know if I could ever have totally eliminated that from my life, I think I would agree that I did spend too much time doing that! So easy to see these things in hindsight.....glad you are using foresight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!! I know my friend and I talked about the wasted time and energy in our obsessive behaviors for our first ETH adoptions. I have kept it in control this time around but first time around I was obsessed with "forensic blogging".
    Great thinking...you are right. This is such a great time of the year!Enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I your first comment from Turkey? Ata Turk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am all too familiar with blog-stalking and time-line following! Don't feel bad-we ALL do it!!! We were #1 for 6 months and I thought I was going to go completely insane (well, I sort-of did). Know that IT DOES all happen perfectly and as it is supposed to. Hang in there!

    Kendell

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting blog
    God Bless You

    ReplyDelete