Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Birthdays, Anniversaries, and Milestones


I shared my birthday with Abel a couple of days ago. I turned 33 years and he turned 7 months. And, when I say 'share', I mean he COMPLETELY stole the
limelight! We forgot to cut the cake for two straight days and now I am faced with a full birthday cake and no one to share it with. I am thinking if I eat two slices per day for 7 days I'll get through it. No, I will not sacrifice a crumb of my Donut B@nk birthday cake, and will gladly work off the extra poundage at a later date. I am a person who values commitment!!

Today is the one month anniversary of the day Abel and I met. Obviously, it has been a busy month for both of us, but I think he has been working the hardest. He is so close to crawling... still not an 'official' crawler, but he can easily get from one place to another--it's just not that pretty. He pulled himself up to a stand tonight. He was SOOO proud of himself... he started laughing out loud when he stood up. And these teeth had better make an appearance soon. The poor guy drools his shirt soaking wet and sucks on freezie teething rings all day long!

Anniversaries are recognized so that we take time to remember and value our relationships. I am forever grateful to have Abel in my life. His smile makes my day. I never fully imagined the abundance of joy he would bring into my life.

This pic really makes me laugh. It's from the first day we met and we were looking at the photo album of our family that Joc had given to him a couple of months before. I think it's dawning on him, "Oh,yes...THAT's how I know you!"

Joc giving Abel his photo book, circa March 2010.

Chillin' in his crib at the IAN Care Center with his book. Look how tiny he was!!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet boy and funny faces! I can't wait to kiss those cheeks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Happy Birthday and 1 month. I'm getting ready to turn 33 in a few days!

    ReplyDelete