Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Nanny Granny

I was blessed with a live-in nanny for one week. Oh, how I wish I could keep that up!

My mom joined us for a week and was soon named 'The Granny Nanny'. Abel had a wonderful week hanging with his Grandma and I was able to get lots of work done (and get my hair cut, get the cat her rabies shot, go to the dentist, etc, etc...). It was LOVELY. Wow, did I take running errands for granted before the boy's arrival ?!

Here are a few pics of their week together...

Shopping


Hamming it up with Grandma

Potty training, complete with reading materials, of course :)

Watching for puppies/neighborhood watch

A refreshing beverage after a stroll.

Thanks, Mom! We miss you already.
Please come back... and not just because the dishes are already piling up. :)

5 comments:

  1. oh, I love that "finger fix" photo!!!! So glad you had your mom there...wonderful...nothing like being with mom/grandma.

    speaking of being behind on things... remember the gifts that were in my trunk while my car was at the mechanics? well, they are STILL there. I promise (I think ;) they will get to you before I leave for Ethiopia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have a bit of help....even if it was only for a week! Can your mom send my mom the "I want to spend a week with my grandchildren" vibe? ;)

    And you're right...there's nothing like being able to run errands without a little one in tow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your little guy looks SO good! Those first two pictures almost had me in tears. Brad looked over my shoulder and he was remembering him from the care center---we both can't believe how much he has grown and changed! You're doing great, mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy your blog. It always makes me happy =)
    HD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can NOT believe how big and healthy and beautiful he is already!! You are an amazing mama! Isn't it wonderful to run an errand without a child in tow?? Who knew? (by the way...I am LOVING that stroller. lol)

    ReplyDelete