Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Big day


This little boy went to Day Care for the first time today.

And his momma was oh, so sad.

He had a great first day. And, I was fine after about an hour. Yes, there were tears. (Me first. The little guy after I left.)

When we arrived he immediately got down on the floor to show off his new mad crawling and climbing skills, then proceeded to woo the ladies (a gaggle of toddler girls in pink) by smiling, cooing, and holding hands.

Titi said he cried off and on for about 30 minutes after he realized I was gone and then was fine. He also took a very long nap, so I'm thinking he was a little overwhelmed.

It was all worth it, though, after I picked him up and took him to the park for which he rewarded me with a big, slobbery kiss. :)

We are starting with half days for a few weeks, then Nanny Granny will come to the rescue for a week while Titi is on vacation, then we will start our regular routine with full time care and full time work.

It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay.



7 comments:

  1. IT IS GOING TO BE OKAY!!!! I promise you that.
    this is the hardest time, although it does get easier. Before you know it, you fall into a new routine. hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big hugs to you Sara! It will be okay, but I know you are hurting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! It's oh-so-hard leaving them in the beginning but you will both fall into a comfortable routine. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is going to be okay!!! If it helps any, I still have vague memories of my first baby sitter (whom I stayed with until I was 2 or 3) and I adored her. Actually, I always loved daycare as a kid. I know Ruby has loved her daycare too. I'm sure A will as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first day or two is the hardest, I promise. Bekeshi also took a mammoth nap the first day there, and I felt terrible because I was sure she had "shut down" and thought I'd left her. But now when I drop her off, she turns and waves goodbye and goes back to playing with her friends :) It'll be fine!! Honestly I think we take it harder than they do, really ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gawd! I still, 1 year later, hate going to work. Especially when Sam could care less and is doing his own thing. I am going to be that obnoxious mom everyone hates who cries at the bus stop, and at preK, first day of full-time K, and each freakin' step up to and including marriage.
    One of those. yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, I missed this post. It is HARD to leave them at first...I still have days when I'm sad to leave them (and then there are those days when I can't drop them off fast enough. lol). He will be ok and you guys will be stronger and healthier for having some separate time. :)

    ReplyDelete