Last April, I was in Ethiopia and made the biggest decision of my life--to become a family.
Yesterday, I got confirmation of my embassy appointment. I can't believe my time is here to travel again to this place that has a big piece of my heart and meet my son for the first time.
I started looking back at my adoption timeline and got goosebumps. I know I'm a little more sensitive to these things than most, but I can't help but wonder about the coincidences and meant-to-be's.
On April 27, 2009 I faxed my application to my home study agency, officially starting my process.
On April 27, 2010 I will board a plane that will take me to meet my son.
On May 4, 2009 I was officially accepted with my international agency.
On May 4, 2010 I will have an appointment with the US Embassy in Addis Ababa where my son will be issued his visa to come in to the United States.
But, I think the thing that struck me the most, and it's with tears in my eyes that I write and remember this... in early November 2009 I wrote this. This post, I found out later, was written within just days of my son's birth and the decision made my his birth family which will ultimately make my family.
It is so heavy and difficult and painful and breathtaking and beautiful.
I have found myself extremely emotional for the past few days. As I get closer to this big, this huge, this hugest thing I am in awe more and more of the strength and love of Abel's birth family.
This is big, friends.
I'm going to meet my son.
P.S. To make it all extra amazing and tie it up with a bow, we return to Chicago on Mother's Day!
I truly cannot wait until we get the opportunity to chat & share details like this...our journey has had amazing moments along the way that just take my breath away. It's almost time......
ReplyDeleteWow, that is amazing Sara...you already know how happy I am for you but I'll say it again. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! You are going to be an amazing Mom Sara!!
ReplyDeleteI'm a sucker like that too:)
ReplyDeletehope these last few days are peaceful for you.
Look forward to traveling with you.
Have an amazing trip! Can't wait to see Abel in your arms!
ReplyDeleteI love those coincidences! :-)
ReplyDeleteAmazing!!! I love how those sorts of dates show up in the adoption process...it's what makes me know that these two little boys were supposed to come into my life..and Abel was supposed to come into yours. :)
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you! I love the little details, thanks for sharing them!
ReplyDeletebeautiful and goosebumpy!! Thrilled for you and cannot wait to see pictures of you holding your gorgeous little one!!! It IS really, really happening!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI love how this is all coming together!! Can't wait til you have your little man in your arms :)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet Sara. You leave tomorrow! WOW! It is all just a sweet reminder that he is your boy and always was meant to be =)
ReplyDeletewe are so so so so happy for you guys!! and cannot wait to meet Mr. A!
ReplyDeleteum...it's just me....stalking for a new post ;)
ReplyDelete